My lovely Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi......I'm Jo, welcome to my crafty corner where I aim to share my adventures in paper crafting, baking, cross stitch & cats.....hopefully with some hints, tips & inspiration thrown in too! Please leave a comment if you call so I know you've been, I would love to visit you back and please become a follower if you like what you see. Thanks for popping by.........
'She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted the sails' - Elizabeth Edwards

Saturday 25 October 2014

Free your mind........

Morning lovelies.......happy Saturday.....hope you have a fun weekend planned! 
For today I have a tag shaped bookmark to share....I used to have  an English
 teacher called Mr Smart....but he was so NOT smart lol, he was the scruffiest 
fella I've ever met but he had a passion for books like you wouldn't believe & I 
thought he was fab.....and that passion has passed from me to 2 of my kids......2
 out of 6 isn't bad lol! He always used to tell us that reading would free
 your mind......hence the sentiment......a little tribute to Mr Smart wherever he is!
The gorgeous image is from The East Wind & all the little bits are from my
 stash, the torn pages are from a coffee damaged Dictionary so you might well
see more bits of pages popping up in my crafting......I hate waste lol.
Rightio, that's me for today.......got lots to do!
Thanks for calling......see you soon!
xx
challenges

anything goes at Party Time Tuesdays
words at The Sailing Pineapple
anything goes at Inspiration Destination
2/3 word sentiment at Aud Sentiments
get wordy at Southern Girls
anything goes at Brown Sugar
anything goes/layer it up at Creative Fingers

26 comments:

  1. Fab bookmark Jo, love the sentiment. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous design and colours,just gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Jo. I love the image, stunning colouring and wonderful detailing too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful bookmark Jo and I love that image! My teacher was Mr Gregory and he sounds very similar! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous bookmark love the hair on the image!. .Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag, great job on the image!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Party Time Tuesdays Anything Goes Challenge!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh this is gorgeous Jo… what a fab image and your colouring is awesome… her hair is stunning! Love the words and pretty embellies! :-)
    what is it about English Teachers.. they DO always look scruffy and are always eccentric too!! Lol… really funny that he was called Mr Smart!
    Hope you have a great Weekend!
    Big hugs Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous Jo, such a gorgeous image and fabulous design, I love the text details.
    I love books but unfortunately neither of my boys do, not for lack of me trying to encourage them though!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic Bookmark, great image ...... what about that hair!!
    Don't know if it is just my computer, I can't read any of your "text" it is very pale in colour as are the comments.
    Have a great week ahead
    Hugs

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great bookmark Jo and I just love the sentiment too. I do love a good book and wish I spent more time reading instead of reading blogs! Blogs are far more unpredictable though, and far more sociable!
    Haa Haa! Have a great weekend.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful Jo, love it! Shona xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card and awesome colouring.

    Thanks for playing with Southern Girls Challenge this fortnight.

    Happy Crafting
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jo - a fabulous bookmark. I have always tried to encourage my lot to read and think I succeeded in 2 out 3 of them ! wish I had more time to read these days ! Hope everyone is well
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely Jo - I love the cat in her hair lol - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect image for a bookmark. I am an avid reader too, so love the sentiment and your coloring is awesome. Thanks for joining us at The Sailing Pineapple :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fabulous. Love the idea of a bookmark. It would make a nice Tag or bookmark for that matter. I saw a lovely post on my friend Joann's Blog the other day for a Tag holder. I think you would love it, I thought it such a good idea. ( https://castleparkdesigns.wordpress.com/). Happy Monday. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore this project, great layout and image xx thank you for joining our current challenge over at http://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/
    Sandie (Aud Sentiments DT)
    http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. stunning tag jo.i love the quirky image and your colouring is fantastic ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous tag Jo lovely detail.
    Hope your ok Hun.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. it is a great and cute project.
    thanks for joining the anything go Challenge from Iaspirtaion Destination.
    good luck and hope see you again.

    gr. meggi DT.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm a book lover myself, Jo, and I love this bookmark you did. I've seen this image all over blogland, fabulously colored as yours is. I even went to the shop and bought it! But I remain intimidated about coloring it up. One of these days, I promise. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love it the hair is coloured wonderfully. Crafting, books, coffee and chocolate....perfect. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely creation thanks for playing around with Southern Girls Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...