My lovely Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi......I'm Jo, welcome to my crafty corner where I aim to share my adventures in paper crafting, baking, cross stitch & cats.....hopefully with some hints, tips & inspiration thrown in too! Please leave a comment if you call so I know you've been, I would love to visit you back and please become a follower if you like what you see. Thanks for popping by.........
'She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted the sails' - Elizabeth Edwards

Thursday 9 July 2015

Believe in the magic......

Morning friends......hope you're all well!
Thanks for all your lovely comments on my last post....those pesky
kittens are sure keeping me on my toes lol!
Something a bit different to share today.....I started with the blank canvas then
 made the background by melting some cheap wax crayons & then swirling the
 colours together...while it was still wet I sprinkled it with glitter and oh my,
 in real life it looks gorgeous! Next I stamped my image into tissue paper then
 coloured it with Copics & used matte medium to adhere it to the canvas....
then I made the mistake of drying it with my heat gun which  re-melted 
the wax underneath the face hence the slightly grainy look....but no worries
......I'm still happy with it & it was my 1st attempt. Some words, stars, a spray 
of white Dylusions,  a painted border & that's it......finished....thankfully Rebecca
 loves it as it's gonna be the start of a wall of assorted canvas in her room.
Weather's not too bad today so I'm off for an hour or two's work in the
 garden......wish me luck lol.
Thanks for calling..........see you son!
xx
ingredients
canvas - The Works
image - Moondrop by Lizzy Love
wax crayons - that shop where everything's a £1!
acrylic paint - The Works
glitter - stash
words - Tim Holtz chit chat stickers
challenges
anything goes at Art by Miran
anything goes at 613 Avenue Create
anything goes at Anything but a Card
anything goes mixed media at That Craft Place
anything creative at Love to Create




11 comments:

  1. Rebecca will have a fabulous wall when you have finished Jo, this is an awesome project. Love the background, if you view the enlarged picture it shows the texture and sparkle more. What a fab idea to use melted crayons - I'm storing all this info up for when I pluck up the courage to create a mixed media project of my own sometime. Happy gardening!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card, love the image and colours used.x{aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Jo, who'd have thought wax crayons could look so amazing!! Rebecca is a very lucky girl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow fabulous Jo, it is very effective, I would never of thought of wax crayons, but hey it's great!!
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Jo, such a lovely glittery background and beautiful image.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Jo. The background design and colours are wonderful, I love the sentiment and beautiful sparkle.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant Jo, Anna would love this as she is into books to do with magic etc. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks fabulous and I love the techniques you used Jo - brilliant ideas - fab results xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful project, great techniques. Thanks for joining us over at That Craft Place, Nicola X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous piece of art, love love how you melted the wax crayons to create the background, very effective. A perfect backdrop for your focal image. Thanks so much for joining in the We Love To Create Mixed Media Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...