My lovely Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi......I'm Jo, welcome to my crafty corner where I aim to share my adventures in paper crafting, baking, cross stitch & cats.....hopefully with some hints, tips & inspiration thrown in too! Please leave a comment if you call so I know you've been, I would love to visit you back and please become a follower if you like what you see. Thanks for popping by.........
'She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted the sails' - Elizabeth Edwards

Monday 17 August 2015

Mixed Media Monday - Grow!


Morning lovelies....hope you're all well & had a lovely weekend!
I had an inky, messy, paint filled couple of days & I've decided from now
on every Monday is gonna be called Mixed Media Monday!
I've been getting my knickers in a twist over my art journal....(didn't want to
ruin something that cost quite a few quid) so wasn't using it as much as I
wanted. I'm always telling Rebecca 'don't worry, it's only paper & paint/ink
 etc'., and when she said it back to me it kind of hit home lol! So today I'm
 starting over...hence the word GROW on my page....I'm just go where my
 art takes me although I still can't resist a black border...oooh, and I love my
white Signo pen too!
Rightio, that's me for today.......hospital appointment this aft so probably
won't get much if any crafty time. Thanks for calling & I'll see you soon.
If you manage any mixed media time this week do leave me a comment, so
I can pop over......especially if you're a newbie like me.
xx

There's still time if you'd like to enter my CANDY.

challenges
anything goes at Inspiration Destination
anything goes at Crafting with an Attitude
anything goes at Crafting with Friends
anything goes at Simply Papercraft
anything goes at 613 Avenue Create
anything mixed media at We Love To Create
anything goes at Sisters of Craft

22 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have decided to use your art journal Jo because this is STUNNING. I love black and purple together so much. One of my favourite colour combos - the background is gorgeous - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab page - I like the combination of templates and inking used on the background. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo Brilliant LOL, how about you start a challenge blog just called that, mixed media monday....will be in on that...xx
     {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous Jo! It's great to just let yourself go and create without 'over-thinking' it, so relaxing and satisfying, especially when the result is as lovely as this. I love how that border contrasts with the soft colours of the background and the white ink on the black stamps!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it's so sweet! Love the delicate colours and the contrast with the back & white elements! You are a newbie?? Wow! I think you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great page Jo, I am the same with altered art, I enjoy it on the odd occasion I do it but there is something quite scary of being unstructured unlike card making. Too much freedom! LOL.
    I love your page, great sentiment and anything with butterflies gets my vote.
    Hope all goes well with your appointment.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is fabulous! Love the colours and the border finishes it off brilliantly. I hope the hospital appointment goes well! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzer Jo this is some awesome, colourful page the whole design and images look fantastic, brilliant work.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jo this is stunning. The black and purple is so striking.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my!! this is SO beautiful Jo…. what an awesome background and I love the black border… it pulls everything together perfectly… gorgeous shades of pink and lilac here. It's just perfect!
    I know what you mean about painting though…I practice my folk art on paper and it's really good… then when I go to do it on the actual wooden heart… I get all tensed up and overthink it! it comes out rubbish!! so think the key is to try and relax and enjoy it…. easier said than done though! Lol. Hope the hospital appointment went ok today hun.
    Hope you have a good week
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous Jo, love what you've done. I've got an expensive journal too which I'm too scared to use....I'm practicing this year in a cheap book! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your page Jo - the colours are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  13. adore this jo ..its a beauty xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great mixed media project - love the design and colors. Thanks for displaying your art at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really marvelous, Jo! Love the background colors and shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW Jo absolutely stunning, love the fabulous design and detail, hope your hospital appt went ok Hun.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think this is brilliant.Thank you for sharing this with us over at Simply Papercraft. Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. An amazing page Jo, love the colours and design.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hiya me again... still loving your project. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting with an Attitude. Sue DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jo, this is beautiful! Love the bold black elements combined with the white delicate details over lilac bg!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing! Thanks for joining the challenge at Sisters of Craft. Hope to see you next challenge as well.
    Hugs, Jacqueline DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...