My lovely Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi......I'm Jo, welcome to my crafty corner where I aim to share my adventures in paper crafting, baking, cross stitch & cats.....hopefully with some hints, tips & inspiration thrown in too! Please leave a comment if you call so I know you've been, I would love to visit you back and please become a follower if you like what you see. Thanks for popping by.........
'She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted the sails' - Elizabeth Edwards

Sunday 9 October 2011

Rebecca's Christmas Tree

Hiya, today i spent the afternoon crafting with my gorgeous girl Rebecca age 9! She wanted to get started on her Christmas cards so decided to raid my stash - I suppose that's what mum's stash is for, isnt it???? Anyway, she decided to make a Christmas tree shaped card and this is how she did it ( in her own words lol): First me and mum drew a Christmas tree shape then we cut it out and put it on a folded side of a card and drew round it and then cut it out so we had a proper card that stands up like a normal card.


Then i used some of mum's black and white paper and punched out LOADS
of love hearts.




Then i stuck the love hearts upside down on the Christmas tree card one row black and one row white until the card was covered up. Then i put a silver star on top of the tree and coloured the bucket in with mum's black promarker and then tied a ribbon round it.
This is what it looked like in the end i hope you like it and i think i am going to make some more in different colours for my brothers for Christmas.
I hope you like my card.
Love from
Rebecca x
age 9





I am entering my card in these challenges:
Black and white Christmas at Cupcake craft challenges
Use a punch at Card cupids
Monochrome at Dream valley challenges
Reminds me of a song(oh Christmas tree) at Just some lines
Anything goes at One stop craft challenge
Anything goes at Woodware USA
Ribbons at Craft your passion
No red or green at The crazy challenge
Challenge#93 at Fab n Funky
Christmas song(o Christmas tree) at Sparkles Christmas challenges

20 comments:

  1. Oh this is a fantastic card! Very creative and inspiring, love the striking black and white and the design.

    Many thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what a wonderful card and so much careful work has gone into it...well done.
    Thank you for joining the Cupcake Craft Challenge this week.
    Hugs,
    Sandra
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful girl...lovely tree..beautiful creation...thank you for joining us at just some lines saturday challenge

    Tina
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous tree. I love the little hearts. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. tell Rebecca from me her tree is amazing, so clever and looks so professional...it looks like brilliant fun to make too
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job, Rebecca! Thank you for joining our "Reminds Me of a Song" challenge at Just Some Lines! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card! You are a very talented young lady :-) Thankyou for joining our monochrome challenge at Dream Valley! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh!! How cute is that! :) I love crafting with my kiddos too.

    Hugs, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Superb :) I would like to try one like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://merlyn-fineartgallery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rebecca - this looks stunning and you have done a really fab job! Thanks for joining our monochrome challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

    PS - Why do children always raid our stash rather than using their own?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, amazing job! Like to try this my self :) Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge hugs Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow fab card, and great idea to layer the hearts as leaves. She certainly is going to give you a run for your money in the challenges. Thanks for joining in with our challenge at One Stop Craft this week.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely card ... thanks for playing along at Just Some Lines!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh rebecca! This is just lovely and brilliant! I may need to steal this idea for my own christmas cards!

    Thanks for joining us at Card Cupids!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Rebecca! Your christmastree shaded card is so beautiful. A wonderful idea and lovely designed! The idea with the hearts is wonderful! Thank you for playing along with us this time at the crazy christmas challenge! Dominique :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card Rebecca!, great song choice too, thank you for joining us at Sparkles Christmas hope you can join us again soon, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh that is gorgeous. Rebbecal did a fantastic job!!!
    Thanks for joining Just Some Lines Saturday Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Rebecca
    If you pop along to the Sparkles Christmas challenge blog there is a little gift awaiting you xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so fabulous! You did a terrific job, Rebecca. And best of all you look great in your photos!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...