My lovely Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi......I'm Jo, welcome to my crafty corner where I aim to share my adventures in paper crafting, baking, cross stitch & cats.....hopefully with some hints, tips & inspiration thrown in too! Please leave a comment if you call so I know you've been, I would love to visit you back and please become a follower if you like what you see. Thanks for popping by.........
'She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted the sails' - Elizabeth Edwards

Friday 27 May 2016

Sharing an Oldie this Friday!

Hi friends, wishing you a good morning from a very dull, dreary & cold Yorkshire Coast!
Perfect crafting weather methinks & once I've got my jobs done that's exactly what I plan on doing! Not quite sure what yet but I'm thinking messy........and I did just treat myself to some Brusho colour crystals so almost definitely messy lol.
First though, as it's Friday you know what that means......time to share an oldie with our lovely Erika over at Snappycrafts as she invites us to share a past crafty make & link up over on her blog.........then we can all follow that link & visit you!!
Today I have a mixed media piece to share.......the image is from Oddball Art & I stamped her onto tissue & coloured her with Copics then dampened the edges so's I could gently tear it......then I pressed it into the background, the torn edges blended much better than a cut edge. The background was made by melting wax crayon with a heat gun then whilst that was still damp I gave it a sprinkle of glitter. I finished with some die cut stars, Tim Holtz stickers & a doodled black & white border........and yes, you guessed right......Miss Rebecca took stole it away to her room before it was even properly dry lol!
Rightio, better get on......thanks for calling & have a lovely day.......and don't forget I have some candy here if you fancy entering!!
xx

11 comments:

  1. Great work Jo the glitter and background colours are fantastic it looks really dimensional

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Jo love the glitter fabulous colour's have a lovely week end
    Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is amazing. Love this image.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! I so love the unicorn horn and all the glitter! I've never noticed this image. I think it will be my next pick at Oddball. What a treat to get the Brushos. I haven't been able to get them yet. My sister did so I am excited to try them. Have a wonderful week! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous oldie Jo, full of colour and sparkle, lovely image too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wonderful!! Love the textures and the girl is just magic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super oldie today Jo, I love it. I've never tried using melted crayons and glitter to create a background, it looks stunning. Love your sentiment, lady and the black and white frame really makes the whole piece pop.
    Thanks for joining me today, have a super weekend, I hate to say it but the weather is beautiful here and I've just finished for the weekend. BBQ time I think!

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous oldie share Jo, gorgeous colours and lots of lovely sparkle.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fantastic oldie Jo. I've never heard of that technique. It certainly makes a stunning background. Enjoy your weekend. ATCs on the way. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful piece of "Art Work" it's beautiful.
    Have a great weekend
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cool piece! Love the dramatic border too! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...