My lovely Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi......I'm Jo, welcome to my crafty corner where I aim to share my adventures in paper crafting, baking, cross stitch & cats.....hopefully with some hints, tips & inspiration thrown in too! Please leave a comment if you call so I know you've been, I would love to visit you back and please become a follower if you like what you see. Thanks for popping by.........
'She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted the sails' - Elizabeth Edwards

Sunday 5 January 2020

When is a shaker not a shaker?



Answer: when I try to make one!
Got myself in such a pickle I abandoned the shaker element and just stamped
where  the shaker should have been! Quite pleased with the outcome
though......I used the Crafters Companion enchanted Christmas card kit that came
 free with the Papercrafter magazine last year....ooh, it's lovely....lots of sparkly,
glittery elements, papers, sequins, an embossing folder and the most
beautiful stamps....and such fab quality too.

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend....thanks for calling & I'll see you tomorrow.

You can find my latest challenge - Something New - here.

xx

challenges
anything goes at A Gem of a Challenge
anything goes at Fairy & Unicorn
anything goes at Brown Sugar
anything goes at Watercooler Wednesday
Wendy's die challenge




16 comments:

  1. Hi Jo...I'm so pleased that I'm not the only one who struggles with shakers!!! Other people make them and they look gorgeous, when I try the 'stuff' escapes everywhere or sticks to the sides of the element!
    Your card is beautiful anyway, fabulous stamps and such lovely colours and sparkle.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing colours and stamping a gorgeous card Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. Love the colours and silhouette.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous Jo. No such thing as mistakes, more like happy accidents :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you Jo and I have to say I love your fairy card. Beautifully created and with a gorgeous background. Lovely colours.
    I'm not the best at shaker cards either, tricksy thing to make, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Jo. Like many others here, I'm not great at making shaker cards either. The bits often stick where they shouldn't! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous background paper and lovely silhouette stamping Jo. A fab card even without the shaker :)
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. When it is a beautiful card, gorgeous.
    I will join in your challenge later too, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. If its any consolation I hate making shaker cards I just cannot get them to work right lol! This is a beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with us at The Fairy and The Unicorn Challenge. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card and great idea! :D
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jo, I've not been very successful with any of the shakers I've tried but I never thought about the kind of 'fix' you managed. Very clever and a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL...best laid plans and all that Jo...I have abandoned shaker ards on more than one occasion!! Your end result looks like it was meant to be that way!! So pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card Jo, never would have know you'd made a boo boo if you hadn't mentioned it. Love that background. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have made shaker cards and the tutorials look sooo simple BUT I still struggle and make every mistake in the book -not my favourite!!!Love your beautiful card and stamps-great B.paper -not being a shaker card doesn't distract at all-now that made sense in my head lol
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha ha, laughing with you. Shakers, love to make em but I still am challenged often. Made a faux shaker once. It rocked LOL. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...