My lovely Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi......I'm Jo, welcome to my crafty corner where I aim to share my adventures in paper crafting, baking, cross stitch & cats.....hopefully with some hints, tips & inspiration thrown in too! Please leave a comment if you call so I know you've been, I would love to visit you back and please become a follower if you like what you see. Thanks for popping by.........
'She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted the sails' - Elizabeth Edwards

Wednesday 6 January 2021

A new year, a new start.....

 

Happy New Year friends, hope you're all safe & well.

I wonder what the New Year will bring? Hopefully a slow, steady easing of restrictions and
a return to a new  normal.........whatever that may be.

A new start is needed for me.......I seemed to have lost my paper crafting mojo recently and
have been spending time cross stitching.......oh my, I'm ashamed to admit it but I have
so, so many unfinished pieces. I have so many charts I want to stitch and I've also 
designed a few of my own but I don't want to give up on papercrafting so with that in 
 I've decided to change my blog name to:

StitchPaperCraft

The first project to finish is an outline of a cat......a cup of peppermint tea and I'm ready
 to go. Did you notice the needle minder? So useful, don't know how I managed without it.
What are your crafting plans for the New Year? Do you even have any plans or do you
just go with the flow?

xx





14 comments:

  1. Loving the new name Jo. Like you I have loads of cross stitch pieces to finish. I really must try and get back into them this year. I bought a load of patterns at the beginning of last year to make a new panel for each of the Christmas stockings. Did I get any of them finished..........did I hell. Big Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rekindled my love of cross stitching last year too. It's great to take away our campervan - when we can, of course! Looking forward to seeing your finished cat project.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cat cross stitch looks amazing, would love to see it finished as a fellow cat lover. I used to work for a stitch craft company so I have an abundance of kits knocking about and non finished lol. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  4. No doubt I will stitch a bit more to my crosstitch lady. I started her in 1999, I think she's called Millennial Stitcher!!! I am down to the back stitch outlining and I have promised myself a day sitting under the parasol in the Sumnmr (remember that!).....stitching away. In the meantime I'm knitting.
    Love the new name for the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Jo looks amazing can’t wait to see the finished creation x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is cute. I used to love to cross stitch. I don't know if my eyes could do it now. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jo love the new name-it did throw me at first.Love the cross stitch cat and the needle holder-my daughter has given up her painting and is now into embroidery.Best wishes for the New Year
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've picked my two favorite ways to craft - card making and stitching, Jo. I love this cat! Great needle minder, too. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go Jo - I too have picked up my cross stitch of late. Light relief after the sampler/runner I finished last year. The cards are still being made, a case of having to as I discovered last year when I was packing etc, that buying cards is very expensive, and you cannot always find just what you want!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been getting back into my first love of sewing and have joined several groups on face book anddoing swaps again. I love your cat btw. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely to see you Jo and I hope you are doing okay. This is a gorgeous piece and I can't tell you how many UFO's (Unfinished objects!!) there are hidden away on my house. Shame I am still working otherwise I could have made a start at finishing them xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on a relaunch of your blog with this fabulous new name. It's a good one! Love your cat X-stitch!! I used to do a lot of cross-stitch but I don't think my eyes are up to it anymore.
    Stay healthy and creative!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely to see you enjoying crafting again Jo and the new blog name covers it all! Your stitched cat looks amazing! I used to do cross stitch years ago but got sore on my eyes but I really did enjoy it. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's that time of the year when I loose my Mojo too so I usually have a little rest and a review of last year. Don't worry it will come back though by the look of it you're keeping well occupied. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...