My lovely Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi......I'm Jo, welcome to my crafty corner where I aim to share my adventures in paper crafting, baking, cross stitch & cats.....hopefully with some hints, tips & inspiration thrown in too! Please leave a comment if you call so I know you've been, I would love to visit you back and please become a follower if you like what you see. Thanks for popping by.........
'She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted the sails' - Elizabeth Edwards

Sunday 21 February 2016

F is for Friendship!

Hi my crafty friends, hope you're all well & enjoying the weekend!
Me? All plans went out the window but I'll share more about that tomorrow.
So today I have another page to share, this one for the Alpha/Dictionary challenge over at The Craft Barn. This is my 3rd page & I'm so enjoying it. The letter was F & the twist was to use a heart!
My pages all seem to have a vintage/shabby theme to them........not planned that way but it makes me happy so I think I'll probably stick to it. I chose my F to stand for Friendship.... the pic I used makes me smile so much,  the little girl cuddling her friend...........and he looks like he's so not enjoying it lol............bet they grew up to be the very best of friends though.
I started with a corrugated cardboard base, a swipe of white acrylic & some distressed paper layers. some embellishments & finished with the dictionary definition......great fun to do, can't wait til I have a whole alphabet of pages!
Rightio, better go get some tea organised if we want to eat tonight! Thanks for calling......see you tomorrow!
xx

challenges
no stamps at Crafty Boots
layer it up at Tuesday Throwdown
friendship at 4 Crafty Chicks
something to make you smile at Craft for the Craic
anything goes at 613 Avenue Create
mixed media at Come & Get It
paint at Pile It On

29 comments:

  1. beautiful...love the layers and such a cute pic...thanks for sharing at pile it on

    Tina
    dt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm REALLY late and know it, but I simply had to visit, even though the next CB challenge has already been posted. I adore the way you chose the shabby chic vintage look. It goes so well, and I really like how you used the corrugated cardboard, the rick rack, and of course the darling photo showing what friendship is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, love this style which I find very hard to do, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the layout on this page, a wonderful vintage look to it. It looks great mounted on the corrugated card and the focal image is perfect for friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute Jo...you are clearly having a pink day in your house!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work, I love how you incorporated the image :)
    Thanks for sharing it at CAGIC, hope you will join us again :) Kaja

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great page Jo.
    I love the brilliant design and the textures you have created.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the distressing and the shabby vintage look you achieved

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grungy, distressed and Vintage... not a problem for me! It's a lovely page and illustrate your chosen word perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful page Jo, fabulous dimension and distressing, looks perfect with your chosen photo!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely page Jo. I love the shabby chic look although I find it hard to do and that photo is adorable.

    My ATC are all ready to post off in the morning. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous Jo and love the brown with the pink. Great vintage make. Hope everything is ok with you all
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous pick of a photo and the vintage theme is perfect for it xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fabulous Jo, such a lovely vintage image and great shabby chic design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous Jo love the detail and design, a great page
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jo well you should know by now if you make plans something always comes up to put a spanner in the works hope all is well
    If it makes you happy then you go for it there is nothing wrong with
    a little vintage shabby chic love the image so cute
    Kettles on if you want a chat xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great shabby chic project Jo. Lots of lovely layering and a fab photograph. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your page with all the gorgeous distressed layers. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely, very vintage and the picture is sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous shabby design and sweet photo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this page - that picture is the best photo for friendship - thanks for entering at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jo what a super Lo and you've definitely covered the brief. I love your photograph too. BFF's!

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is a lovely page, perfect for The Craft Barn Alpha/Dictionary Challenge, thank you for joining in!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  24. So pretty and I love the texture you've added. Great page Hun. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fab layout love the design, thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create, hope to see you again soon
    {613 DT Member}
    Alex x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great colour combo and that photograph is cute! Thanks for joining us at challenge Come And Get It.Neva

    ReplyDelete
  27. A lovely creation!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "mixed media” challenge over at Come and Get it & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Come and Get It)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very pretty textures and colours! Thankyou for joining us this month at Craft for the Craic

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the shabby look and the image is perfect for your chosen word.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...