My lovely Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi......I'm Jo, welcome to my crafty corner where I aim to share my adventures in paper crafting, baking, cross stitch & cats.....hopefully with some hints, tips & inspiration thrown in too! Please leave a comment if you call so I know you've been, I would love to visit you back and please become a follower if you like what you see. Thanks for popping by.........
'She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted the sails' - Elizabeth Edwards

Sunday 7 February 2016

Alpha Dictionary challenge - Q

Hi crafty friends & bloggers, hope you're all well.
For letter 2 over at The Craft Barn Alpha Dictionary challenge the letter was Q!
Oh my, not that many words to choose from but I made it with hours to spare! I went with Q for quote.....'Take time to stop & smell the flowers'....not entirely sure of the origins of this quote, in fact it may be a variant of another but I do love it. So I went for a shabby/vintage theme to my page, lots of inky, distressed edges & flowers in my favourite colors of blues, kraft & cream. Metal corners added a bit of weight & help to keep the page flat & apart from the flowers & the leaves everything else is from my snippet box....the die cut frame is missing a corner, the tags were stuck together by accident & the paper is a piece I once cut too short! There's also half a doily - don't ask - and some odds & ends from my box of trims. Rightio, better go link up.....and I want to pop over to Di's Playground this week to.....I have waaayy too many snippets!
Thanks for calling......see you soon!
xx

challenges
Alpha Dictionary - Q at The Craft Barn
snippets #215 at Pixies Snippets Playground
fantastic florals at Cardz 4 Galz
#49 at Time Out Challenges

30 comments:

  1. So romantic and well crafted. Love the various layers and flowers. Those metal corners were superb and added so much interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely soft shades of blue in the flowers and papers make this a wonderful romantic card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every accident should be a happy one just like your tags lol beautiful page so pretty enjoy the rest of your sunday xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what you can create from your bit box, so lovely Jo !! I love looking in my friends bit ox, much more exciting !!

    Hope life is being kind to you sweetie.....

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful piece and a statement to the fact that we must never throw anything away, there is always a use for it. You have created a beautiful page here using a difficult letter, I love it.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've made a lovely dent in your snippets stash with this beautiful page, Jo! It's an amazing work of art!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jo what a fabulous creation, lovely quote and wonderful detail and textures.
    Hope your all having a lovely weekend.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful page Jo, love the blue/kraft combo and the wonderful distressing, gorgeous lace and flowers...the quote is beautiful too!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jo your card si really gorgeous, beautiful colours and I love the shabby chic look, lovely sentiment too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this gorgeous Vintage/Shabby Chic creation.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Jo love the colour's you have used and fabulous design have a lovely week
    Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card Jo, lovely pastel blues and great quote.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. cool make Jo - really lovely!!! Big huggles Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty make Jo, love the gorgeous flowers and lovely lace.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely creation Jo and a great way to use up snippets

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  16. A really lovely piece of work Jo - I love the soft feel too. You're using up your snippets really well. Lovely quote too.

    Lovely to see you in the Playground again.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooh, wow!!! Love it very much! Such a fabulous look with the blues, kraft & cream combo! Really shabby but also modern, I think! Just adore the metals corners and the quote!! All the details look wonderful! You have made a fabulous work of art with all your bit and bobs of scraps pieces!!! Genial!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pinned it! :)
      https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524481469435/

      Delete
  18. Looks totally scrumptious. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jo this is soooo pretty. A beautiful vintage card. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous piece Jo and a great choice for the "q" letter. It's a great quote to use. Hope you are all well
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the colours they blend so well together such a pretty frame flowers and lace, thanks for sharing your gorgeous card with us at Cardz 4 Galz hope to see you next time, good luck
    Hugs Babs DT Memeber d

    ReplyDelete
  22. Incredible, Jo! Love the soft blues and those gorgeous flowers. What a delightful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So much pretty detail and gorgeous colour mix. We are so pleased to see you at TO x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Jo this is beautiful I love the shabby chic style, the colours, embellishments and quote are fantastic
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  25. A lovely page and a lovely quote too

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this colour combo, Kraft, blue and cream lovely.. a touch of Vintage and shabby chic, very nice page!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the fun font on the sentiment.Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  28. A lovely page making great use of bits from your scrap box.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...