My lovely Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi......I'm Jo, welcome to my crafty corner where I aim to share my adventures in paper crafting, baking, cross stitch & cats.....hopefully with some hints, tips & inspiration thrown in too! Please leave a comment if you call so I know you've been, I would love to visit you back and please become a follower if you like what you see. Thanks for popping by.........
'She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted the sails' - Elizabeth Edwards

Thursday 4 September 2014

A book for Bex!

Morning lovelies, hope you're all well.
Today I'm sharing another attempt at mixed media.......now don't laugh, I know I have 
so much to learn & I'm having great fun learning lol! This make started life as a plain
book full of some gorgeous touchy feely paper, was gonna be an art journal for
me but guess what........yep, you guessed it......Miss Rebecca claimed it! Not to worry
though, it just gives me reason to make another one! 
I started by covering the whole thing with Gesso then came the most fun part,
adding bits for texture & playing with some home made texture paste. I used paper
doilies, home made masks, die cut cogs, crochet lace, pearls.....oooh, allsorts
of bits & pieces! Once everything was stuck firm & dry I then covered the
whole lot with another coat of Gesso....once THAT was dry I tucked the image (coloured with
 Copics) onto the die cut frame then cut an extra mat to cover it while I sprayed ink. That was
sooo much fun......did manage to spray my cream kitchen tiles a nice shade of purple
though! I used Perfect Pearls & Dylusions spray inks then once dry I inked the edges
with a black Memento inkpad, added a few resin flowers, some gems & made a 
wrap fastening with some waxed cotton cord.....and that's it! Ooh, I forgot to say I
stamped a couple words & added some metal corners too.
So that's it from me for today..........off to finish the sorting out I started the
 other day then catch up on some nasty housework. 
Thanks for calling........see you soon!
xx
challenges I'd like to enter
a touch of kraft at A Creative Romance
anything goes at Art by Miran
texture at We Do Doobadoo
anything but a card at All Crafts Challenge
wheels and/or cogs at Crafting for all Seasons
anything goes/steampunk at A Step in the Dark

21 comments:

  1. Wow Jo what a transformation you've done a fabulous job it's amazing.
    I can see why Rebecca claimed it.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Jo !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really special book Jo. Great image, colours and textures. I bet bex loves this - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo no one's laughing this is awesome, you are a natural at this mixed media...I am still trying to master it....love the images and your textures....awesome.xx
    Thanks for your sweet comment.x
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant project, certainly nothing to laugh about on this.
    I love what you have done and wish I was brave enough to attempt similar.
    Is that your beautiful daughter I see on the right hand side??. She's a real beauty, so pretty.
    Enjoy your day and thank you for your and sweet comment.

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow so stunning jo.fabulous design and i love the image and fab colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous Jo,fab colours and image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzer Jo!! this is gorgeous… I'm not surprised Rebecca loves it… it's really beautiful… love the image and the fab colours and textures… I would never guess that you are new to this mixed media!!
    Hope you have a great day!
    Big hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this Jo, it looks fabulous. Thanks also for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic dearie, what are you like, no one would ever laugh at you.good for you trying new techniques etc... Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't you just love getting getting all mucky with inks and texture paste I do hehehe great project can't wait to see more mixed media stuff from you (how'd it go with the nasty H/W eeeeekkkkkkk) take care
    Jacki x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous mixed media design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is brilliant Jo, I love your gorgeous image and all of the fabulous texture you have created.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, A lovely project, love the image and the gorgeous colours. Thank you for joining A Step In The Dark this fortnight. Good luck and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Erin DT & Co Owner x

    ReplyDelete
  15. AWESOME project Jo, thanks heaps for entering this into our Wheel and Cogs challenge, it's perfect...aNNie
    {Crafting For All Seasons DT Member}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great mixed media project. She will love it I am sure. Now her friends are going to be jealous! lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great book and lovr the design. Thanks for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons. Hugs, Carol S DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great project, love the colors, but the gears with the flowers just suits this to a tee. Thanks for sharing with us at CFAS
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jo, I just popped back to say thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous project... Love all the detail... Thank you for joining us at Craft my life... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...