My lovely Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi......I'm Jo, welcome to my crafty corner where I aim to share my adventures in paper crafting, baking, cross stitch & cats.....hopefully with some hints, tips & inspiration thrown in too! Please leave a comment if you call so I know you've been, I would love to visit you back and please become a follower if you like what you see. Thanks for popping by.........
'She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted the sails' - Elizabeth Edwards

Thursday 11 September 2014

Little Book of Christmas 2014

Morning lovelies........hope you're all well!
I managed an hour, ok more like 2 hours playing at my desk yesterday,
thought it was about time I made this years' Little Book of Christmas.
Some of you might remember I make a book every year, usually in
the Summer holidays, to hold any & all things Christmas.
Gift ideas, card lists, addresses, recipes, movies we watched, craft ideas to 
try.........if it's to do with our Christmas it goes in my book!
Usually Miss Rebecca will choose the image for the front, this time
I didn't even ask her cos I knew she'd choose this one! 
I coloured her with Copics, die cut some snowflakes....lots of matting,
layering, sticking, snipping & knotting later this is what I came
up with.....useful practical & nice to look at! It's fun to look back over 
some old books too, see how older Christmas's compare and you know what?
Mostly our Christmas's are the same.....filled with family,  fun, laughter,
 chocolate & good food........and a cheesy Christmas movie......or 2!
Rightio, I can hear that ironing pile calling......thanks for popping by!
Don't forget....you can enter my candy here!
xx
challenges I'd like to enter

anything goes at Art by Miran
one stamp only at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long
anything goes at Completely Christmas
digital at Crafts 4 Eternity
early Christmas at Paper Creator's Crafts
anything goes at 613 Avenue Create
anything but a card at All Crafts Challenge
anything goes at Not Just Cards
anything goes at Divas by Design




24 comments:

  1. What a super brilliant idea.
    Think that could be a project for "me" when I find some spare time.

    Love the image you have used, and all the pretty ribbons.
    A fantastic make.....did I say I loved it!!
    Hugs

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is beautiful jo love that image and all the ribbon it's just so pretty and what a great idea :)
    Hugs
    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous idea Jo and what a lovely job you've done. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, Jo! Your Christmas book is awesome! I'd like to make one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous fun idea Jo !! Your book is lovely and glad you have so much to put in it !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea Jo. Love your book. My your Rebecca has changed and has grown into a pretty young lady. I can't get over how 3 weeks at high school have made Anna whom I am the nanny for has changed.
    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh this is gorgeous Jo… what a fab image… and I love the pretty colours… those ribbons look awesome!
    such a lovely idea to make a Christmas Book… must be great looking back on them too!
    Hope you have a good day!
    Big hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow how super Jo ... dont know how I have missed the other years ... what a fantastic idea ... might share it if you don't mind ... hope you are having a great week ... tgif tomorrow :) ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. très jolie création Jo, des couleurs non traditionnelles et un design moderne et chic, merci de jouer avec nous chez CSAYL, biz

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Jo such a pretty image used and coloured so beautifully gorgeous papers and layout too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just beautiful,love the image and fab details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous image & great colour combo!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Jo. I love the image, fabulous colours and beautiful detailing.
    I really like the idea of your Christmas book and I think Christmas-time at your home sounds perfect!
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful keepsake of your Christmas memories Jo. Love the image and all the gorgeous ribbons.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous idea Jo and a gorgeous book. I love your image and all of those beautiful ribbons - I'm sure you are going to have fun filling your book with ideas and memories.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea. Traditions are wonderful things. Love the non-traditional colors. Very nicely crafted! Thanks for dropping this off by our house here at 613 Avenue Create! We always enjoy your visits!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog
    http://avenue613.blogspot.com
    facebook.com/avenue613

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great holiday book and use of non-traditional holiday colors! I need to think more "outside of the box"! LOL. You did a great job incorporating the optional twist, too. Thanks for dropping this project on our doorstep at 613 Avenue Create!

    ReplyDelete
  18. so stunning jo.i love all the ribbons and fabulous image and colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely little book there Jo. I think I had that paper.
    I love to look through my C Albums too. It is nice to look back at what you get up to.
    Don't you think though that it is too early for C stuff in shops right now?
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an adorable project! And what a great idea to make a way to keep all those Christmas ideas together and readily available. Love the color scheme and all those ribbon bits. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great project, Jo. They sure must be fun to read through, years later!

    Love the fresh image and pretty colours!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great idea with ribbons.
    Thanks for join with us this week at Divas by Design.
    Hugs,
    Jill Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous book cover, wow and what a fab idea and you can always go back and see what previous Christmas held.
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Jo, I just popped back to say thank you for joining us at Paper Creator's Crafts.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...